Founded in 1946, TTU has a passion for challenging students
academically and encouraging them to grow in their faith.
About the Seminary
Welcome to Temple Baptist Seminary’s Web site. We invite you to look around and get to know our esteemed faculty, our rich history, and our mission and purpose.
Temple Baptist Seminary is a graduate school of theology that equips men and women for dynamic leadership in local Bible-believing churches and related field ministries. The seminary strives to prepare leaders who possess academic excellence beyond the university and Bible college level, and ministerial balance between the intellectual, practical, and spiritual commitment to Christ, His Word, and His service. Temple Baptist Seminary therefore maintains a curriculum plan, a standard of character, and a ministry model that unite to accomplish the school’s purpose.
The Desired Character of Temple Baptist Seminary Graduates
As a theological training center, the qualities necessary for church leadership outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 set the standard for TBS faculty to communicate through example and precept. In addition to these biblical qualities, TBS seeks to develop men and women to be independent learners who read and think. TBS graduates should be disciplined in their personal lives and self-motivated. The seminary strives to produce men and women who are both practical and flexible, with the ability to transform classroom knowledge into personal ministry.
The Local Church Ministry Model of Temple Baptist Seminary
TBS training, by design, seeks to inculcate in its seminarians a dynamic, balanced, New Testament model of local church ministry. TBS students are taught to develop churches characterized by:
- An adherence to the essential fundamental doctrines of Scripture
- An expositionally based pulpit ministry
- An active ministry of evangelism in the local community
- An equally strong ministry of biblical instruction for all age levels
- A strong family orientation
- A fervent vision for world missions
- A correct view of God and meaningful response in corporate worship
- A caring fellowship of believers
- An optimum development and exercise of spiritual gifts
- An active adherence to prayer
The objectives of Temple Baptist Seminary express basic goals which are designed to enable students to fulfill the TBS vision. These objectives are stated in student behavioral language and in terms that facilitate assessment. They are design to be clear, observable, and measurable. Surveys are conducted each year, and the results guide the institutional planning process.
Discipline in the development of Christian maturity
Each graduate will show commitment to personal purity, family responsibility, and community awareness.
Each graduate will demonstrate acknowledgment of the importance of prayer, daily Scripture reading, and regular church attendance in order to use his spiritual gifts to serve Christ.
Research in biblical and theological truth
Each graduate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the verbally inspired, Word of God, of fundamental doctrines, and of a Biblical world view.
Each graduate will demonstrate familiarity with the principles of biblical interpretation, biblical integration, and preaching/teaching.
Training in the skills for effective ministry
Each graduate will show an understanding of the biblical leadership principles for the ministry.
Each graduate will demonstrate a commitment to participate in the ministries of the local church including evangelism and missions.
The Curriculum Plan of Temple Baptist Seminary
- A balanced core curriculum of required courses
- A concentration in the student's ministry area
- A selection of several credit hours of elective courses
- A regular program of weekly chapel services
- A modular class program and distance education courses utilizing outstanding residency professors and visiting lecturers
About the Seminary
|Distinctively Christian, Distinctively TBS||History|
|Location||Philosophy of Education|