Founded in 1946, TTU has a passion for challenging students
academically and encouraging them to grow in their faith.
We offer a variety of programs and services to help students achieve academic success through the Office of Academic Support, LRC Library.
If you need special accommodations because you have a disability, we can help. We provide academic accommodations in an atmosphere of confidentiality and respect.
Policies & Procedures for Acquiring Services
The Director of the Academic Support Office works with students with disabilities to determine their needs and find solutions for them. Here is the general procedure to request accommodations:
- Student must identify him or herself in order to receive services.
- Student completes a Disability Accommodation Services Request, which includes a waiver allowing the information to be passed along as necessary.
- If the student desires access to services, the student is requested to discuss his or her concerns further with the Director. An interview on campus is recommended.
- Documentation is kept in a confidential file in the Academic Support Office.
- During the first week of school, the student and Director meet to make needed referrals or accommodations in advance.
- The student is asked to contact the Office upon arrival on campus each semester to request a personal interview.
- The Director and the student confer to determine legitimate educational accommodations and to notify the faculty concerned. The Director may refer the student to other professional staff as needed.
- The Office takes a Faculty Notification Form to each professor, explains the nature of the learning problem and the request for accommodations, obtains signatures to verify notification and understanding, and returns the form to the student's file in the Office of Academic Support.
- Student makes a follow-up appointment.
This process needs to be repeated at the beginning of each semester when the student's classes, and consequently, faculty, change.