The mission of Tennessee Temple University is to provide Christ-centered
higher education that transforms lives academically and spiritually for the glory of God.
The Distinguished Scholar Award
The recipient must be an English major who
- earns a 4.0 in English / Communication courses;
- earns a 3.5 or higher in all other courses;
- qualify as a Junior or Senior;
- makes significant participation in / contributions to the Department;
- attends all Department meetings;
- coordinates / chairs and attends on- and off-campus activities sponsored by the Department;
- coordinates / chairs on- and off-campus activities sponsored by the University;
- participates in local outreach opportunities; and
- attends / presents at an academic conference or seeks publication of original academic or creative work in a local or national journal, magazine, or newspaper designed for students.
Departmental Academic Standard
The English major whose GPA falls below an acceptable standard (within the Department and / or University) will be placed in one of the following statuses:
- The student earns less than a 2.0 (C) in one or more English / Communication courses in a semester AND / OR earns less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA. The student who reaches the Warning status has one semester in which to raise her / his cumulative GPA higher than 2.0.
- The student fails a second English / Communications course in any semester following the “Warning” semester AND / OR fails to raise her / his GPA higher than a 2.0 (C) in the semester following the “Warning” semester. The student who reaches the Suspension status has one semester in which to raise her / his cumulative GPA higher than 2.0.
- The student fails a third English / Communications course in any semester following the “Warning” semester AND / OR fails to raise her / his GPA higher than a 2.0 (C) in the semester following the “Suspension” semester. The student who reaches Probation status will no longer hold official status as an English major.
Required Career Counseling
Each semester the English major must make a formal appointment with her / his assigned advisor within the Department to discuss and prepare for career opportunities commensurate with her / his Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English.
Department of Communications
|Check out the Inkblot||Check us out on Facebook|
|Course Descriptions||Course Sequence|
|Degree Options||Department Policies|
|Departmental Activities||Program Objectives|
|Special Requirements||Status Sheets|