Founded in 1946, TTU has a passion for challenging students
academically and encouraging them to grow in their faith.
Distinctively Christian, Distinctively TBS
Temple Baptist Seminary upholds the following distinctives:
- Deep commitment to the principle that the Scriptures, as given in the original autographs, are the infallible, inerrant, verbally inspired, and authoritative Word of God.
- Adherence to the biblical, historical, and fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Agreement with Baptist distinctives as affirmed in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Complete accordance with the grammatical-historical method of interpretation of Scripture and with the premillennial perspective.
- A faculty with diverse academic backgrounds.
- A faculty-student ratio that assures personal attention.
- A quality graduate-level training at an affordable cost.
- A curriculum designed to meet the needs of secular college graduates, as well as allow for advanced standing for Bible college or Christian university graduates.
- A plan of electives in conjunction with the standard seminary courses that allow the student to pursue his or her own vocational ministerial objectives.
- An instructional philosophy characterized by biblical integration.
- A balanced blend of practical ministerial experience with academic excellence.
- A ministerial internship program in coordination with significant local ministries.
- An active role in the extensive ministries of the seminary’s founding church, Highland Park Baptist Church.
- An emphasis on evangelism and missions.
About the Seminary
|Distinctively Christian, Distinctively TBS||History|
|Location||Philosophy of Education|