The mission of Tennessee Temple University is to provide Christ-centered
higher education that transforms lives academically and spiritually for the glory of God.
Head Men's Basketball Coach
Tennessee Temple University located in Chattanooga, Tennessee is seeking applicants for the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Tennessee Temple University is a member of the NCCAA and USCAA level. The Men’s Basketball program at Tennessee Temple University has won seven National Championships.
DATE OPENED: 6/10/14
STARTING DATE: When suitable candidate is found
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but not limited to management and development of all aspects of a collegiate men’s basketball program:
- Comply with NCCAA and USCAA rules and regulations.
- Lead by example, and display leadership to student-athletes.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Promote the development of players and team.
- Ability to schedule games and practices.
- Organize and conduct practice sessions on a regular basis.
- Manage a Budget.
- Order and maintain equipment.
- Verify roster accuracy.
- Monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
- Coordinate team travel.
- Supervise the assistant coaches and GAs.
- Promote community outreach.
- Continued reinforcement of TTU’s athletic mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
In addition the successful candidate will teach or be assigned an administrative duty. Salary for this regular full-time position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. For more information about Tennessee Temple University, please visit our website at www.tntemple.edu.
Previous coaching experience at the college and/or high school level; and previous playing experience is helpful. An ability to work in an environment where the spiritual development, education, welfare, and graduation of student-athletes receive primary emphasis. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven managerial and fiscal skills required. Must have a personal relationship with Christ. Masters degree preferred.
Should you have interest please submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and contact information including 3 current references (name, address, telephone number and email) to Lisa Wright, Athletic Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.