The mission of Tennessee Temple University is to provide Christ-centered
higher education that transforms lives academically and spiritually for the glory of God.
Statement of Faith
CONFESSION OF FAITH
As a community of Christian believers, the Board of Trustees, administration, faculty, and staff share a common belief system that is expressed by our confession of faith.
- We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose in the ages.
- We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, substitutionary atonement, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that salvation is "by grace," plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Justification establishes an eternal relationship that can never be broken.
- We believe in the visible, personal, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
The Board of Trustees and faculty of Tennessee Temple University affirm The Baptist Faith and Message, a statement adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention, June 14, 2000. The doctrines of the BF&M 2000 are listed below. For the full text of the BF&M 2000, click here.
I. The Scriptures
A. God the Father
B. God the Son
C. God the Holy Spirit
V. God's Purpose of Grace
VI. The Church
VII. Baptism and the Lord's Supper
VIII. The Lord's Day
IX. The Kingdom
X. Last Things
XI. Evangelism and Missions
XV. The Christian and the Social Order
XVI. Peace and War
XVII. Religious Liberty
XVIII. The Family
|About Temple Baptist Seminary||Academic Calendar|
|Admission Requirements||Center for Ministry Training Program|
|Contact Us||Doctorate of Ministry Application|
|Seminary Masters Application||Statement of Faith|